Thursday, January 21, 2010

LASEK Laser Eye Surgery – My Experience

LASEK Laser Eye Surgery

Choosing for laser eye surgery is pretty confusing as I once experienced before. The word ‘surgery’ and ‘laser’ is a bit scary to me, especially when it’s dealing with my precious eyes. Nobody wants to lose their eyesight… it’s one of the five senses in a human being. In my opinion, it’s a sense which will be hardest to survive without. If I lose my hearing, at least I can still read and see where I am going. Those people who wear glasses or contacts will agree with me on this, as we will be termed ‘handicapped’ if we lose our visual aid. Therefore, as anybody else, safety is my priority concern when it’s dealing with my eyesight.

Here’s my experience with lasek eye surgery:



I’m a mother of two kids. While I had my first child, he broke my glasses a couple of times, which cost me a fortune. I can’t wear contact lens for long period of time as they made my eyes dry and uncomfortable.  I had a high prescription in both my eyes (can’t even remember the figures now) and a slight astigmatism. So, every time my son broke my glasses, I needed to buy a lighter lens and other added benefits i.e. UV protective, scratch free lens…etc. On top of that, I also wanted to have fashionable, branded and lighter spectacles frame. Sounds familiar doesn’t it? All these cost me a lot every time I visited the optometrist (they are really making good money from this).

I do have many personal encounters on the problems with wearing glasses. In brief, it does restrict my hobbies, outdoor activities, and career options (I used to have a passion to be an air stewardess).

Therefore, when I heard about LASEK laser eye surgery, I got excited and at the same time doubtful. My family discouraged me from doing the procedure as they have heard of the nasty effects from it. Anyway, I did my own research and finally convinced that it is safe.

I had my LASEK laser eye surgery done almost 3 years now and I never regretted it. I’m still seeing 20/20. While I was pregnant with my second child, my visual clarity had fluctuated a bit (resulting from hormonal changes and fluid retention) but it went back to normal after my delivery. Therefore, I do recommend LASEK eye surgery to those who have the similar fate as me.

The purpose of this blog is to provide you with the latest and easy to understand facts about LASEK laser eye surgery focusing on its benefits, disadvantages, after care and the common FAQ that most of us will want to know. I have invested a lot of time in doing the research, hoping that you don’t need to go through all those hassles like I did.

LASEK Laser Eye Surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment